Pages


Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Journey Week 3

Wednesday was my weigh in and I kept telling people that I felt lighter and was hoping for a great weigh in.  Well, I was right as I lost 2.8 pounds week 3.  My grand total is 4.4 pounds in 3 weeks, which averages out to 1.5 pounds a week.  Very doable and a healthy way to lose weight.

I have to contribute week's 3 success to maintaing and tracking what I ate, keeping up with my 5K training, and all of my supporters.  You know who  you are and I love you!!!!

This week's theme was all about discoveries.  Meaning, I discovered new healthy yet enjoyable foods to eat.  The first couple of week consisted of Lean Cuisine meals, fruit, and Subway breakfast sandwiches.  While I still love all of those, I was getting burned out on eating the same stuff.

My favorite discovery this week was Veggie Straws.  OH MY GAWD!!!  My Weight Watcher leader kept going on and on about these things so I finally found them at the store and HOLY COW they are yummy.
They are 1 point for per serving (38 straws) or 130 calories per serving.  This is the perfect alternative to eating chips with a sandwich.  So far I have only been able to find them at Walmart and they are located near the rice cakes at the very top of the shelf.  38 straws is a lot and these will fill you up.

My next favorite food discovery was Laughing Cow cheese.  1 point for each wedge or 35 calories.  1 wedge is plenty to to spread across a sandwich.
I was tired of eating plain dry sandwiches.  I DO NOT like reduced fat mayo and am not a big fan of mustard.  Again, my Weight Watcher leader went on and on about these cheeses.  This week for breakfast I would get a whole wheat english muffin, spread the Chiptole Queso cheese flavor on it, cut up a boiled egg, put some baby spinach leaves on top of that, and slap on a few slices of turkey and that was my breakfast.  Saved me $3.25 from going to Subway each morning and it was so very good.  I was able to get a protein, carb, dairy, and veggie out of that one sandwich.  I also ate banana or apple with the sandwich.

As y ou can probably tell, I love sandwiches but I didn't want to use 4-6 points on just 2 pieces of bread.  A friend told me about the Sara Lee 45 calorie bread and I really like it.  I'm a bit of a bread snob and will only eat Mrs. Bairds bread.
This is 2 points or 45 calories for 2 slices of bread.

And my last discovery (actually I used to use these a lot when I was on WW 4 years ago) are the Crystal Light packets that you put in your water. 
Actually, I was cheap this week and bought the generic form of the packets.  Let's face it, water gets boring.  I have not had anything to drink except for water and milk since December 31st.  Mainly because I want to use my points for FOOD and not drinks.  And I'm weird in the fact that I HAVE to have a glass of milk with my dinner if I'm eating at home.  So the water was getting a little boring day in and day out.  Picked up a few flavors of these and drinking water isn't half bad.  These are 0 points or 5 calories.

That about wraps up this week's blog.  I'm gearing up for another busy week and getting ready for my trip to Washington.  Hope everyone has a great week.


No comments:

About Me

I live in Texas with my wonderful husband, 2 daughters, 2 cats and 1 dog. There is never a dull moment in our house.