Pages


Sunday, January 20, 2013

My Journey Week 2

Week 2 presented itself with several different challengs and I'm happy to report that I handled those challenges with success.

I had my weigh in on Wednesday and I only lost .2 pounds but I am not discouraged.  Again, it was a loss.  There was nothing I could've done differently during the week.  I stuck with my plan and excercised 3 times during the week.  Stayed away from Cokes and candy.  Ate all my alloted fruits and veggies and probably drank up whole Lake Michigan in water.  The point is is that I feel better and if it takes me 3 years to get this weight off then so be it.

The theme for this week was CHOICES.  I was faced with several different challenges this week and instead of going back to my old ways of eating and have the f*** it attitude, I made good choices.

I learned that I can eat out and still enjoy good food with good people.  I may not have eaten that 1500 calorie meal, but I ate 500 calorie meal and did not feel like I was losing out on anything.  The food was still great and the company was fantastic.

Last Monday was a tough training day for me.  I started feeling sick about 2/3 of the way into training.  Instead of stopping and just making Geek Boy get the car and drive me home, I walked briskly through the rest of my training.  Got back up a 5:15 am on Wednesday and trained.  Did the same thing on Friday at 5:15 am and felt great after the training.  I even threw my hands up in triumph like runners do when they cross the finish line.

Well Jillian Michaels is calling me on my treadmill so I better go get started on my day.

Hope everyone has a great week!!!

1 comment:

Janelle's Little Blog said...

Yay Dara!! I am so proud of you!! Once I get settled, I would love to join you!!! Love you!!

About Me

I live in Texas with my wonderful husband, 2 daughters, 2 cats and 1 dog. There is never a dull moment in our house.