Pages


Sunday, March 3, 2013

My Journey Week 8

Not much to report this week.  I did not go weigh in on Wednesday because I had a killer headache and needed to sleep instead of drive to the meeting.  Based on my weight on the scales, I had not lost anything.  Very frustrating but I must keep moving forward.

Still need to get into the groove of working out again.  Last weekend I went back to the running store where I got my original running shoes and come to find out they had fitted me for the wrong shoes.  I was sad and happy all at the same time.  The first time my feet went into the Brooks Glycerin, I had a foot orgasm and instantly fell in love.  I wore those shoes all the time.  BUT I as my training for the 5K started increasing, so did the issues with my feet.  My feet started going numb and my left ankle started hurting really bad.

The new shoes are helping alot.  Even though there were no fireworks, moaning, and just pure enjoyment when my feet went into the Brooks Aerial, I can tell a difference with my running.  My pace has gotten so much better and I can jog over 8 minutes without stopping.  I contribute the better pace to shoes, good music, and a great running trail.

Today I'm going to run again and then start back up with the 30 Day Shred program.  I miss my work out buddies and really need to get back into it for my mental stability.  I haven't been feeling great this week and have really let those Mind Monsters (that's for you Christina) get the best of me.

Hope everyone has a great week and please keep your fingers crossed that I have a good weight loss week.

No comments:

About Me

I live in Texas with my wonderful husband, 2 daughters, 2 cats and 1 dog. There is never a dull moment in our house.